Garmin on E72
Tutorial on how to install garmin on your e72. Other symbian phones may use this method too.
- Download and put all these files into one folder.
- Keygen & SW.unl should be extracted and the other 3 files are self installer files which means you should double click support,basemap,garmin files only when your phone is connected via Mass Storage Mode to your PC.
- Connect your phone to your PC via Mass Storage mode.
- Support Files: execute the file and choose the drive your phone is connected as for example E:/
- Basemap Files: execute the file and choose the drive your phone is connected as for example E:/
- Garmin Files: execute the file and choose the drive your phone is connected as for example E:/
- Now safely remove the USB cable.
- Garmin should execute automatically on your mobile phone, if it doesn’t just go to, Menu > Apps > Garmin. Execute garmin.
- On first boot it would display a few menu’s, you should choose “Connect to a Garmin GPS”
- When it says searching for a GPS satellite click cancel
- In garmin, go to Tools > Settings > About > Card ID > Write this down in a notepad
- Now exit garmin
- Execute the keygen and insert your card ID in the Unit ID text box.
- Now click the middle generate button seen in the window and you should be able to see the “software unlock code” now.
- Copy the software unlock code
- Right click SW.unl and choose open with notepad and click ok.
- When SW.unl is executed paste the software unlock code into the file and save it.
- SW.unl is the license file to allow garmin mobile XT to use internal GPS antenna.
- Connect your phone via Mass Storage Mode again and go to your memory card.
- There should be a folder name Garmin in there. Paste SW.unl and gmapsupp.img inside this location.
- gmasupp is the map file.
- Safely remove your USB cable and execute garmin again.
- Now in garmin when it tries to connect via bluetooth GPS click cancel.
- Then click on the signal bar and left click disable. When it is disabled you should be able to choose “Use Attached/ Built in GPS”
- Select that and you are good to go.
- Remember that GPS connects better at a static state and over clear skies. In your house or somewhere shaded it will be harder to get a lock to the satellite. Please post any comments if you don’t understand. You may help other users and if there is any broken links please let me know via comment/email (email@example.com) thanks.
Categories: Nokia E72